11/25/12

Creeping along...

Recovery is creeping along ever so slowly.  Spent several hours in the OR last Monday night cleaning up the mess my body made of my incisions. Naturally, it was the Monday before Thanksgiving, but it did not deter my determination to celebrate Thanksgiving one iota. 

Had to rearrange plans a bit, but that's ok. Cancer has taught me to be flexible and never to assume my body will respond as expected.

My oh so handsome Plastic Surgeon sliced open both incisions, removed the goo and made them all pretty, and sewed them back up again. It hasn't been painful, just a little uncomfortable. Dealing with the anesthesia was a bigger deal than the stitches. I've slept a lot this week. And I've watched more TV than I care to admit. But overall...not too bad. 

The anticipation was far worse than the reality.

Going back to work tomorrow. I am ready. It's been 6 weeks. Leaving Saturday for a 5 day business trip. I'm sure to be exhausted when I get home. 

Life is creeping along...

No comments:

Post a Comment