3/4/14

Update

Well, still dealing with some of the fall out from the brain problem. Which thankfully is a little brain problem and not a big brain problem. In the scheme of things, that is. It's getting better, and I'm taking less medication for it, but  it still bites me from time to time. I'm seeing a neurologist regularly. 

Also seeing the oncologist every three months. Not much to talk about there, except it's like homecoming when I go to my appointments. I like how the receptionist calls me "honey", and the lady who takes my blood knows which arm I prefer, and how the nurse knows the name of my dog. There's something sad, but comforting, in all that.

Finger tips and toes are still numb. My hair is still falling out a lot, but at least not enough that I look bald. It's thin and has a mind of its own. They tell me the hair thing will resolve. In a couple of years. 

The best thing these days is that I get to repay the kindness that cancer survivors showed me when I was diagnosed and going through treatment. They talked to me from a place of experience. They understood exactly what I was going through. As lovely as my friends are, they can't quite get it the way another cancer survivor can. 

So I am pleased I have an opportunity now to reach out to others who are where I was two years ago. They're scared, appalled, worried, and very sick. I hope I help them as much as others helped me. Cause I get it. I know that fear, intimately. 





No comments:

Post a Comment