3/29/12

Accepting it, owning it, whatever

I cried the whole way home. I cried for the first three weeks. Constantly. It was annoying. Kleenex are expensive.

Remember a popular book someone wrote about breast cancer years ago entitled "First you Cry"? I haven't read it, but golly jeeze, I get it now. First you cry. Then you start making a list.

Crying makes me feel out of control. Not to mention the headache it leaves me with. Making a list makes me feel IN control. Talking about it makes me feel in control. I need a little control over my life, otherwise I'll be a blathering crying idiot when I need to grow a backbone and get busy making appointments, asking questions, and making decisions.

Radiologists, my general practioner, my gyn, my surgeon, the oncologist of all types, even my attorney...these folks are my project team. My beautiful friends and family, they are my support team. My iPhone becomes my project notebook. There's an app for breast cancer, you know. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment