3/31/12

How could I be so lucky?

A few weeks after my breast cancer was diagnosed, I went for my annual GYN. Just like I went for my annual mammogram.

Uh oh. Glad I did it, but would the bricks please stop falling from the sky??

Tumor on ovary. Probably benign. But maybe not. Tested positive for BRCA1, which points to ovarian AND breast cancer. Are you kidding me?? Just because I could have ovarian cancer, I probably do? Or will? 

You can't biopsy an ovary to find out what's cookin' in there. You have to just rip 'er out and then take a peek inside. 

Oh, and there's another problem. Can't finish treating the breast thing until we resolve the ovary thing. You have to do these things in order, you know.

Full hysterectomy April 9. I don't need that junk, anyhow.  

A couple of weeks to get over the hyst. Then, march onward to chemo and SEVEN weeks of daily radiation.

Sounds like a party.


No comments:

Post a Comment