10/11/12

Countdown to M Day

Very busy this week counting down to Mastectomy day. There's an amazing amount of preparation that has to happen. And plenty of doctor appointments.

Had my pre-op chat with the breast surgeon. Lasted about 3 minutes. I guess there really isn't much to say at this point, except let's get 'er done.

Did the pre-op visit at Duke. Thankfully, that was also much quicker than anticipated and completely painless. Unless you count my meltdown. 

It's so embarrassing when that happens, especially in front of strangers. I'm sure they think I should be in a different kind of hospital. I just can't help it. The tears start and I can't pull them back. I've cried for 3 days now.  

I'm not sure if I'm crying because I dread the surgery or because I will lose a part of my body. A significant part. Or maybe I'm crying because I'm just plain pissed off at all the crap I've had to deal with. At some point, you'd think life would just let me be.

Having a "Bye-Bye Boobies" party Sunday night. A potluck dinner with friends and neighbors. One of my friends thinks we should all burn our bras in the backyard. Excellent idea!

Y'all stop on by and bring your love! I promise I won't cry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment