10/27/12

Serendipitous love

Funny how these things work. 

I was having a very sad-bad-sad day yesterday. I decide I can't take my sad-badness any more and I head out to find breakfast. A good southern breakfast will make me feel better. At a Jewish deli in north Raleigh. Funny. But not really.

On the way, my most awesome cousin calls to say she is driving down from Virginia for the day to visit me. 

How did she know I needed her? My mom must have told her. My mom is in heaven. And my cousin has a direct line to heaven. So mom must have told her.

It was an exhausting day. I was so tired when she left to go home that I went to bed without dinner. We went to lunch, to visit a friend, shopping, visited on the sofa, did a few chores, walked the dog. Before she left, she insisted on filling my car with gas in case we have a devastating hurricane today and I need to quickly evacuate north Raleigh. With my dog.

Funny but typically southern. And loving.

A little love goes a long way.



No comments:

Post a Comment