5/11/12

OMG! They found a cure for stupid!

Did you know they've found a cure for CANCER?  Yes!  Isn't it marvelous?

We find the cure for cancer in the simple lemon. According to one of my cousins (numerous times removed), the citrus in a lemon is a miracle cure for all sorts of things, including breast cancer. The only catch is that you have to eat the entire lemon, zest and all. She goes on to say that its a proven remedy and even is known to cure pancreatic cancer, so surely it works for breast cancer!

I also read on one of my breast cancer forums that one of the silly suggestions making the rounds is to put the lemon on my asparagus. I've been putting lemon juice on my asparagus for years! Maybe that's what caused my cancer? Or maybe it was drinking from plastic bottles. Or eating ham with nitrates. Who knows?

Oh my. Well meaning, I know. But come on....I hate it when my intelligence is insulted. Not that I'm the brightest light in the house, but I'm not stupid. But if I were stupid, it would be ok, because they've found a cure for it.

What I really hear in some of the more off the wall suggestions is that I've been stupid to see all these doctors,  endure chemo, have surgeries, and spend nearly $80,000 in the last three months trying to solve my little problem.

What was I thinking?  All I had to do was eat a lemon and we'd could have been done with it. Heading off now to learn more about that cure for stupidity, cause clearly I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment