4/7/12

Cancer changes everything

Cancer changes everything.

It changes your perspective on the smallest of things. I used to be practically OCD about my hardwood floors. Now, I have started naming the dust bunnies that line the floorboard. They grow magically.

I'm not good about asking for help or at accepting it. Recently, I had to ask for help in walking my dog. My friend was happy to do it and thrilled I asked. But it took a lot for me to pick up the phone to ask.

Cancer changes things I can't even describe or define.

When I no longer have cancer, will everything be as it was? No.

What will my world look like when the dust settles? I've no idea.

I will be grateful for my health. And grateful to those who helped me when I needed help.

Beyond that, I will need to pick up the pieces to discover how they fit.









No comments:

Post a Comment