4/12/12

Hysterectomy Hell

I thought this would be a snap. I kept hearing things like "this isn't your mother's hysterectomy" and "daVinci robotic makes your hysterectomy so easy...". Not true. Be it 1980 or 2012, hysterectomies suck.

No matter, someone has snipped and sucked out my uterus, Fallopian tubes, and ovaries. They've carved out old scar tissue and unstuck the endometriosis. Pathology shows no cancer. WooHoo! A benign tumor means that I get to keep the girls! That's the BEST part!

Granted, each day is a little bit easier. But starting Monday in the recovery room until dinner time Thursday night...it's been a long road. The worst part has been getting in front of the pain. Next worst part has been accepting that I have to take things slow and easy and I have to be willing to let people help me. Boredom is quickly becoming an issue.

I hate being dependent on others. I hate feeling like a burden. I'm extremely fortunate to have so many people in my life who are willing to help me like this. But I hate that they have to do it.

Yea, it sucked. But - at least this portion of it - is all downhill from here.

Next up: Chemo. I'm betting the chemo won't be as bad as the hysterectomy. Let's hope I'm right!

No comments:

Post a Comment