4/23/12

Give me a head with hair...

Give me a head with hair, long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen
Give me down to there, hair, shoulder length or longer
Here baby, there momma, everywhere, daddy daddy..


Got hair on my brain today. Ha!

Literally, got hair on my head today. But not for long. I'm told that one day soon, my head will start to tingle and then it'll all come falling out. I've gotten some good advice for when this trauma occurs...

Buzz cut it a few days before. Losing a little hair is less upsetting than losing a lot of long hair. Have a head shaving party. Go out of town so that it doesn't fall out in my own bathroom and I have to endure the additional trauma of crawling around to clean it up. Try on wigs before losing the hair.

One of my best girl buddies and I are having lunch today. Then, we're going wig shopping.

When I think of wigs, I think of my mother's wigs, which were stiff and artificial; sorta like a dead person's hair. Don't know where I got the dead person thing, maybe it's my subconscious. <grin> Still, wigs remind me of old ladies.

And just to make me feel as old as grandma, I also need to buy some nightcaps to sleep in. To cover my cold bald head in the night. My grannie wore one of those. Except it was silky and had pretty lace around the edge. I want mine to be cotton and comfortable. And not come off.

Here' the big question though: Does it fall out everywhere? What a blessing that would be. I can't tell you how much money I've spent on waxing over the years. Except, it's a bit of a cruel joke. And the joke's on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment